Travelling holds different meanings for each individual; while for some it celebrates the spirit of spending quality time with people close to their hearts, for some other’s it is food to the soul. Every trip has its own benefits and setbacks. Let’s explore what being selfish on a lone trip can lead you into.
Pros of being selfish on a lone trip-
- Travelling into “over- friendly” countries like India and some other Middle-Eastern countries, make many travellers wary. Seeing a lone traveller, people tend to offer help, suggestions, company etc, but you need to be precautious; not everyone reflects what’s in their head. Thus, being selfish you can avoid falling prey to such people, thus saving yourself from falling into trouble.
- Travelling acknowledges the spirit of freedom, the carefreeness, the rawness and an escape from the schedule of the daily life. Thus being selfish on lone trips add a shot of whiskey to your cocktail of life. You can live your freedom, make your own decisions without giving a second thought to it, set your own timings; you are the boss of your life (maybe just temporarily but why not?)
- YOUR SPEAKERS, YOUR PLAYLIST- Not everyone enjoys the same taste in music, thus in order to avoid listening, “no bro this song ain’t that good” while you play your favorite song. Being selfish lone traveller makes you your DJ!
Also read, Top 10 Food Cultures in the World
Also read, Top 10 Travel Books You Must Read
Cons of being selfish on a lone trip-
- If you land up yourself into some trouble like some medical emergency, missing your trains/ flights and being in a totally unknown place, being selfish would only make things worse.
- As the saying goes, the more the merrier, the true fun in travelling is by being social, meeting new people, getting to know them and explore their lives.
- Being in a totally new location, unaware of the places, directions, restaurants, hotels; you are very likely to fall into the trap of people trying to fool you by telling you prices higher than the original. Thus, in order to avoid ending up being fooled by such people interacting with the local people of that place and asking them suggestions regarding the same can help you from being tricked.
- Not being able to split bills is possibly the biggest set back under this category. If you are social and friendly during a lone trip, you may find other groups of travellers or maybe another lone traveller to divide your expenses.
Also read, Top 10 best weather places in the World
This article is written by Shivani Gothwal. Please write comments to modify, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.