Like many people all around the world, I am also deeply moved as well by the sudden demise of the legendary actor, an extraordinaire, the one and only, Irrfan Khan!
Let me tell you, there might be some poignant parts inside me due to this unprecedented episode of his indispensable life, but I do feel a bit of contentment for the lessons he has left for me, for you and for each one of us!
1. “I can recite poetry, but I cannot write it.” – Irrfan
2. “I am not ready to fit into the mould of commercial cinema” – Irrfan
3. “I am lucky that the Western world chooses me to play roles in their movies an television, whatever language it may be.” – Irrfan
4. “Hollywood isn’t ready for an Indian leading man.” – Irrfan
5. “The day I become conventional, something inside me will die.” – Irrfan
6. “Maybe to become famous is to reassure yourself that whatever you’re lacking inside, you’ve fulfilled that.” – Irrfan
7. “Language does not make one an elite.” – Irrfan
8. “Honor and disgrace are not in your hands.” – Irrfan
9. “It surely gives you a high to be an international actor with quality work.” – Irrfan
10. “Cinema is changing every week, and multiplex audiences are demanding every week.” – Irrfan
11. “It’s always an inner wish of every actor to reach out to maximum audiences.” – Irrfan
12. “I don’t want to do romantic roles where I have to lip-sync to a song. A role that explores romance on a new level would suit me.” – Irrfan
13. “Our Bollywood stars who talk of being part of 100 crore films, I think I belong to the 1,000 crore club.” – Irrfan
14. “What happens with every role, you have to trick yourself, you have to creatively find ways to explore the mental state of your character.” – Irrfan
15. “For me, acting is becoming naked in front of people, you know? And when you know in the back of your mind somebody is testing you, you cannot really bare yourself. That’s a feeling I always have when I’m auditioning.” – Irrfan
16. “I want to entertain people, but with some substance.” – Irrfan
17. “In India, therapy is not part of the culture; it has not become such a big need.” – Irrfan
18. “I was going through a crisis once, so I went to therapy because I was so unbearable for myself.” – Irrfan
19. “I am not ready to fit into the mould of commercial cinema.” – Irrfan
20. “A nation needs to know how to utilise talent.” – Irrfan
21. “I’ve played many characters that have consumed me and owned me.” – Irrfan
22. “The sign of a good society is where talent is respected.” – Irrfan
23. “I’m trying to strike a balance between Bollywood and Hollywood.” – Irrfan
24. “You cannot reduce the power of story with the tag of money because it’s not a share market. So you must know the seriousness of the power of storytelling.” – Irrfan
25. “When you come out of the theatre and you don’t even talk about that film or remember it, then it disappoints me.” – Irrfan
26. “I cannot live anywhere else except India.” – Irrfan
27. “I will only do a Hollywood film when there is something special offered to me.” – Irrfan
28. “I can’t think of a more pathetic situation for an actor than to do a film and not connect to it. And I pray to God that I never face that situation.” – Irrfan
29. “I’ve realized that my… let me call it ‘destiny’ or some force that has pushed me to identify looking for your comfort zone as a kind of limitation. And everybody has a tendency to fall into the comfort zone. I did that in the early stage of my career.” – Irrfan
30. “A film engages you emotionally and intellectually.” – Irrfan
31. “We don’t have a culture of realistic acting in India.” – Irrfan
32. “Parsi theatre was known for melodrama.” – Irrfan
33. “Sometimes when you’re playing a very intense character, a disturbed character, you find other layers. That’s much more interesting to me, rather than just playing ‘intense.’ I find it too boring.” – Irrfan
34. “Failure is there to teach you something so that you can go beyond that. There is a lesson hidden in there.” – Irrfan
35. “Honour and disgrace are not in your hands.” – Irrfan
36. “What happens with every role, you have to trick yourself, you have to creatively find ways to explore the mental state of your character.” – Irrfan
37. “I can’t think of a more pathetic situation for an actor than to do a film and not connect to it. And I pray to God that I never face that situation.” – Irrfan
38. “People like to see my work not face.” – Irrfan
39. “The key to a happy life is to accept you are never actually in control.” – Irrfan
40. “Wanting fame is a disease and one day, I will want to be free from this disease, from this desire. Where fame doesn’t matter. Where just experiencing life and being okay with it is enough.” – Irrfan
41. “When you are young you are fascinated by so many things. Some things drop, some stay. I can be without anything but I cannot be without nature.” – Irrfan
42. “I have never looked to create an image where people fall in love with my face or style. Yes, it does cross my mind. But I’ve been trying to create a space for myself where I don’t depend on that.” – Irrfan
43. “It pains me when a film actor or a cricketer is a youth icon. I don’t have anything against them. They are great entertainers; they are useful to society. They contribute to people’s lives. But they are not heroes.” – Irrfan
44. “I am Irrfan, just Irrfan. I’ve taken out Khan from my name… I do not want to be known by my religion, surname or lineage.” – Irrfan
45. “I am not a very talkative man, and people are threatened by silence. If you’re sitting in a group and you’re not saying anything, people start getting insecure. They start thinking, he’s a snob. Or, he’s thinking something negative about me. Silence brings out your devils.” – Irrfan
46. “When you are young you are fascinated by so many things. Some things drop, some stay. I can be without anything but I cannot be without nature” – Irrfan
47. “In Bollywood, the effort is to look younger, which sometimes is not at all enjoyable. People look at an actor and say he doesn’t look what he’s pretending to be. I hope it changes. I hope people can play their own age.” – Irrfan
If you love our posts, don’t forget to like, follow, comment in the boxes below, and share this post with your loved ones!
We look forward to hearing your thoughts and ideas at firstname.lastname@example.org (Guest Posts are always welcome!).
A small gesture to support us get going.
16 thoughts on “47 Quotes of Irrfan Khan, an Actor of Extraordinaire”
Is it me, am I missing the ‘like’ button, I can’t see it? Caz Oops, great quotes, particularly as I’d never heard of Irrfan til now 🙂
If possible we’d suggest do a little bit of research on Irrfan! You’d understand better. A great personality who has been a bridge between Indian Bollywood cinema and the Western Hollyhood movies for decades!
Thank you. And do you have a ‘like’ button?
Yes we have.
I am having same problem. I can’t locate the like button.
Sorry about that. We do have it. But maybe some technicalities. We’ll have a look shortly.
Lol – they tell me there is a like button but like you I can’t find it 🙁
Hi, if you love this post, that would be more than enough for us!
There might be some technical issues which we are still unable to find from our end. But yes, we will surely make it a note.
Thank you for your cooperation!
Yeah same issue with me.
RIP🙏 He was a great actor
He has always been one of the greatest actors in the world and he will always be for thousands of years to come!
I agree, he was an extremely talented actor.
Yes, he’s also one of my favourite actors! 🙂
I wish I’d seen more of his films. I need to do that now.
Yes, the person is really great!
Yes, all his movies are amazing. I would like to recommend you to watch Namesake and Lunchbox.
Comments are closed.